About Me

My photo
Pictou County, Nova Scotia, Canada
Taurus.(The Bull) I like to laugh and make my kids laugh. Love to dance and goof off with my kids. Have lots of patients (except for the process of loosing weight). Married for 16 yrs to the same man.(Maybe that's why I have so much patients LOL) Love the rain and the sound of it raining. Like walking in the rain on warm summer evenings.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

White Tea

I bought this tea a couple of weeks ago and I had my first cup today. I thought it was just fantastic. It is a white tea (which I didn't know about) I only thought they only made green and black. Apparently there is a special kind of herb in this tea which is full of antioxidants. I read it in a mag. one day and decided to go see if I could find some white tea and there are all kinds out there. I had mine with nothing in it. I don't put sugar in my tea anyway but I do use skim milk in regular tea.
Well it certainly has been awhile since my last post. The last few days I couldn't find my charger for my camera so I wasn't able to upload any pics. But I found it the other day and took some pics. This was my breakfast this morning. It was actually around 12 noon when I had it but it was my day off today so I didn't get out of bed until 10:45 am. I have been really frigged up since the time change I tell ya. My weigh in is on Sun. mornings and I did it on Monday morning before work thinking it was Sunday, and then yesterday at the rink I thought we could take the kids out for Tooney Tuesday at KFC and it was only Monday. Man I was confused the last few days. Anyway enough of that.
So I finally decided to add peanut butter to my oatmeal. I did it the other day for the first time and I liked it. So I had it this morning again. I also had flax meal, vanilla, no salt, I decided I didn't need salt in it, to me it didn't make any difference with the taste. On top I added almond meal, 1/2 banana and Almond Breeze (Original). It was very good.
The other night after supper my husband made apples with ground cloves, ground cinnamon, sugar and baked them in the oven and they were good. There was one left over so I was going to use it in my oatmeal today but I forgot so in the morning I will try it. I will let you know how it was.
I haven't gone to the gym since last Thursday but plan on going tomorrow (Wed.) after work.
I had salmon a couple times last week with salad and organic maple cookies. I was craving sweets lately because it's that time of the month. I sometimes get such a craving for something sweet that if I don't get it that's all I think about. Man I hate that. I guess I must have a low willpower when it comes to that time of the month.
Sorry folks for not getting any blogging done. There are so many things happening right now it is unbelievable. First we still didn't get all out things back from the flood we had. We have a rec room that is ripped apart, a water system that is totally screwed from the pump being on so long from the flood that it screwed up our water system, then our pellet stove in the living room fireplace stopped working and that is our only source of heat for the upstairs, our dryer went on the blink and my hubby was trying to fix it and it started to go on fire, so then he had to go and buy another one, and a few other things I just can't think of right now. I (we) have been very stress lately. Oh ya the altenator went on one of our cars and my muffler has a hole in it and it needs to be fixed. So there you have it. I'm sure there is more I am not thinking off but you get the picture.
But I do have some good news. I got a full time position at my work. I was getting 30 hrs a week now it's 40 hrs a week. Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa.
Well I best go and get some sleep although I am actually not that tired since I slept in this morning. Night.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Your oatmeal looks and SOUNDS great! Glad you liked the PB in it (i'm more of an almond butter lover myself in the oatmeal). You are totally onto the oatmeal gig and that is FANTASTIC. Using up the leftover baked apple in it was a fantastic idea.

    2. HOLY that's ALOT of stuff gone wrong and a log of expensive stuff too :-( I'm happy you're a full timer now!

    3. I've never tried the white tea, but wondered if it was good!

    ReplyDelete