About Me

My photo
Pictou County, Nova Scotia, Canada
Taurus.(The Bull) I like to laugh and make my kids laugh. Love to dance and goof off with my kids. Have lots of patients (except for the process of loosing weight). Married for 16 yrs to the same man.(Maybe that's why I have so much patients LOL) Love the rain and the sound of it raining. Like walking in the rain on warm summer evenings.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Tofurky

This was my supper for Sunday March 29th. Toss salad with cauliflower, broccoli and purple onion. I grilled (for the first time ever) in my George Foreman grill, some red, yellow and orange peppers that were dipped in olive oil and rosemary. I took some olive oil (extra virgin) and some rosemary and mixed them together in a jar (and gave it a little shake every couple of days) and I let it sit for about 4 weeks to get the flavour if the herb into the oil. Well it worked out pretty good I thought. It was really good. I enjoyed it. I also bought some Tofurky. First time in my life that I ever ate tofu. This is a meatless sausage (Italian Style Tofu Sausage) with sundried tomatoes. I grilled it with the George Foreman grill. It was really tasty, kind of spicy but still good none the less. There are 270 calories in one sausage. 13 g fat (1.5 sat and 0 trans), o chole., 580 g Pot., 12 g carbs., 3 g sugar, 8 g fiber, 29 g protein. A little high in the calories but the rest is great I would say especially for just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment